Wednesday 13 February 2013

Practice required......

Again today's square is based on one I found on Pinterest, unfortunately there was no pattern to go with it but in spite of this I thought I'd give it a go. I quite like the open woven effect, but this wasn't  what I was going for when I started. I'm going to try it again another day using slightly shorter strands to give a tighter weave.
I made 10 treble crocheted strands, 5 in yellow and 5 in the mixed coloured yarn. Each of these were made from a foundation chain of 29 chains, with the first treble being worked in the fifth chain from the hook. The strands were then woven together and joined using two rounds of double crochets. The worst part of this square was having to sew in all the ends once it was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment