Friday 24 May 2013

And repeat.....

For the past few weeks I have been working on designing a pattern for a baby blanket for a friend and I've finally got to the stage that you can now read the first of the words I've crocheted into it:
There's just the top of the t to finish off on this word, I really like how the letters are joined up and make it look like handwriting! It has been worked in double crochets (British terms) and I've carried the grey yarn through the stitches rather than having lots of ends to weave in once I've finished - although the bottom of the p uses a small ball as it is completely separate and it would've been difficult to get it all the way over to the start of the word. Eventually it will be approx 150 rows by 150 stitches (or as near to that to make it square) and I'll then put a border round it. I'll post another picture once I've done a bit more.....

No comments:

Post a Comment